Do you remember getting home from school and insisting on a “before homework” snack? So often, my snack was some kind of roll up and fruit. The snack of champions.
Being a kid was so much fun.
I enjoyed a conversation earlier this week with one of the Dads in our office. I asked about his weekend and he shared that his daughter turned 9. Instantly, I said “oh no! It’s her last year before the double digits!” We both laughed and that’s when he said “yeah, that’s what she keeps saying. They want to grow up so fast. I just want them to stay little forever.”
That melted my heart.
It was so relatable. We all have been there. In the heat of a moment thinking “when I turn 18..” as if that was the magic number for full freedom. Then, you grow and while being an adult is fun, there’s nothing quite like being a kid. A fearless, short decision making, all play kid.
These turkey wraps are like being a kid mixed with being a hungover adult looking for comfort food.
Tonight, I’m going to spend a little extra time reminiscing all the wonderful things my parents did for us! I like to think that it’s the sweet and simple moments that are life’s greatest.
What makes you feel like a kid again? Leave a comment and let me know!
Turkey BLT Wraps
- 2 slices of Applegate’s roasted turkey breast deli meat
- 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices high quality bacon, such as Naked Bacon
- Lettuce of choice
- 4 tomato slices
- Begin by cooking the bacon slices. Once cooked, place onto a paper towel to help collect the fat drippings.
- Lay both slices of turkey flat on a plate or cutting board. Dollop mayo onto turkey and smooth out.
- Add cooked bacon, lettuce, and tomato to the center of the deli meat.
- Fold like a taco and enjoy!
To save for later, use a toothpick to hold together.
Serve alongside my family favorite cleaner broccoli salad!